Flying to the Rescue – Chapter 3: Summoning the Dragon

 Zehir: I appear to be in a cave all of a sudden.

 Wulfstan: Just mindin’ my own business, laddie.

 Zehir: You there. Dwarf! Stout of stature, tough as nails, sturdy bearded folk, loves to drink ale, lazy to the core… am I missing any other stereotypes?

 Wulfstan: Sounds like you’ve met my friend Duncan. He always has such nice things to say about me.

 Zehir: Ah yes. Duncan.

 Wulfstan: Ah. Duncan. Wait. Why are we talking about Duncan again?

 Zehir: Want to go kill some demons?

 Wulfstan: Yes. But first, we have to mop up the storyline from the previous game. Hangvul has branded me a traitor and my brother Rolf is still up to no good. We’ll have to summon our dragon god, Arkath, in a last ditch effort to make things right.

 Zehir: I guess I’ll be doing all the work.

 Wulfstan: Nobody has seen Arkath for decades, but you will likely find him in a patch of grassland in the middle of the tundra. You know, cuz that’s where fiery dragon gods live… the grassland.

 Zehir: Who built all these one-way portals in this damn cave?

 Wulfstan: Perhaps you should take on the spiraling maze above us. Leave the cave dwelling to us dwarves.

 Zehir: Ah! Sunlight! And… snow. Oh god… so much snow. Now, I’ll just unlock this red border guard and… ooh, a dwarf!

 Rolf: I am soooooo evil! Mu hu hwa hwa hwa! *kicks some puppies*

 Zehir: And now, you are sooooooo dead.

 Wulfstan: Good job. That just about wraps up the Hammers of Fate dwarf kingdom side plot. How are you holding up, Hangvul?

 Hangvul: All of y’all are heathens!

 Zehir: Well now. This archway will take us to the dragon god.

 Hangvul: Who is this flamboyantly dressed man and why does he have such a purdy mouth?

 Zehir: Who is this Santa lookalike and where are my presents?

 Arkath: FAITHLESS!

 Hangvul: He’s talking to you unbelievers.

 Wulfstan: Arkath, why did you leave us poor helpless dwarves? Why, we had to rely on your bratty children as our Tier 7 creature!

 Arkath: THE BLAME RESTS ENTIRELY ON HANGVUL!

 Hangvul: What the…

 Arkath: YES, IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT. YOU LED THE DWARVES TO CIVIL WAR. FOR THAT REASON, I LEFT YOU.

 Hangvul: But that was at the end of the last game… not decades ago… er… please don’t incinerate me.

 Arkath: SINCE WULFSTAN IS THE ONLY OTHER DWARF OF NOTE IN THIS GAME, HE IS NOW THE KING. MAKE IT SO.

 Wulfstan: I did not see this coming. No siree.

 Hangvul: Grovel, grovel.

 Zehir: Will you be joining us in our quest to save the world from demon invasion, great and mighty Arkath?

 Wulfstan: He’s gone, laddie.

 Zehir: Arkath is a dick.