The Ranger – Chapter 4: The Archipelago

 Findan: Dear diary. I have arrived at the Dragonmist Islands and morale is high. Hey, where’d all the mist go?

 Hunter: I can see my house from here!

 Hunter: Me too!

 Hunter: I also am able to view my tree abode from this location.

 Findan: Okay, settle down guys. We have a dragon knight to find.

Weeks later…

 Findan: Dear diary. We’ve been searching these islands for hours and my army’s sanity is hanging on by a thread. I’m beginning to think Tieru really is a myth and King Alaron was just blabbering crazy nonsense in his final moments. In that case, a fool is me.

 Hunter: I see trees of green…

 Hunter: Red roses too.

 Hunter: I see them bloom for me and you And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

 Findan: It must be hard on one’s sanity to be frolicking in an island paradise while everyone back home is being slaughtered by the undead.

 Tieru: It is I, Tieru. Come closer to my rock.

 Findan: Whoa. You’re real! Now I can finally get some answers to make sense of this plot.

 Tieru: *explodes*

 Findan: A meteor shower? Just my luck.

 Spirit of Tieru: Hi, I’m a ghost now.

 Findan: My mind is blown.

 Spirit of Tieru: Looks like Alaron finally stopped being an idiot and sent someone to find me. I have been waiting for a very long time.

 Findan: If you’re so damn important to the well-being of Irollan, why didn’t you come and find us?

 Spirit of Tieru: There is a custom scenario that explains this.

 Spirit of Tieru: So down to business. Do you want to hear the plot of the game or not?

 Findan: Sure.

 Spirit of Tieru: 20 years ago, the demon sovereign Kha-Beleth laid his mark on a child. That child was Queen Isabel. His plan was to wait for Isabel to grow up and then impregnate her, thus creating a half-human, half-demon dark messiah, capable of walking our lands and wielding chaos magic.

 Findan: Sounds awfully convoluted.

 Spirit of Tieru: Don’t interrupt. Anyway, I will put the last of my energies in a scroll. Use it in a rite. I won’t tell you which rite. But if you use the correct one, you can purge the taint from Isabel. You’ll have to go to the Silver Cities and find Zehir, the son of Cyrus. Your magic sucks. Only Zehir can do it.

 Findan: Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence. But didn’t the necromancers destroy the Silver Cities?

 Spirit of Tieru: The cities are magical. They can be repaired quickly, with magic. Look, just don’t ask so many questions and trust me on this one.

 Findan: Say, how come some people turn into ghosts after they die but others just disappear or become encased in rock?

 Spirit of Tieru: How come Qui-Gon Jinn didn’t have a spirit projection but Obi-Wan Kenobi did? Haven’t you learned by now that there’s no logic to anything in Ashan. It’s called lazy writing. Things happen because they move the plot forward. If I wasn’t a ghost, how would I update you on the situation?

 Findan: Well, I must say that explanation actually puts a lot of things into perspective.

 Spirit of Tieru: It’s time for me to leave now. You’ll see me again maybe once or twice more in the story.

 Biara: I got your scroll! Na-na-na-na-nah-nah!

 Findan: It’s that succubus again. Give me the scroll and I will spare your life!

 Biara: You promise?

 Findan: Yep.

 Biara: Oh, okay. In that case, here’s the scroll.

 Findan: And you are free to go.

 Biara: Wow, you are an idiot.