Wulfstan’s Defiance – Chapter 4: The Brothers

 Wulfstan: My army is automatically replenished at the start of every chapter. This, I love.

 Shieldguard: Wulfstan, if you want our assistance. You’re going to have to pay us 15 ore.

 Wulfstan: What use could you have for fifteen lumps of misshapen iron? Oh well, here you go.

 Wulfstan: Say, this gives me an idea.

 Berserker: Lali-Ho!

 Wulfstan: Would you like 15 ore?

 Berserker: OMG YES! We will join you immediately!

 Wulfstan: I wonder how far I can take this.

 Rolf: Not far enough. I have suddenly appeared on the map, my mammoth darting around the map, moving at the speed of light. Your life ends here, Wulfstan.

 Shieldguard: So much bloodshed. I’m quitting your army and joining Wulfstan’s!

 Rolf: Treachery! When I’m king (hint hint) I’ll have your head!

 Wulfstan: You know, I could apprehend you right here and now, saving myself from further troubles in the future. But what’s the fun in that?

 Rolf: We will meet again, in the next expansion!

 Rolf: *BAMF*

 Shieldguard: Before I fade into obscurity, I’d like to inform you that Duncan escaped from prison and was giving Rolf some trouble earlier. That’s why his army was so easily defeated.

 Wulfstan: Onward lads! Onward to Tor Hrall! Follow the extremely linear path! Pay no attention to the pointless witch huts that teach secondary skills we already have!

 Duncan: Dramatic entrance!

 Wulfstan: Duncan, my old friend. So good to see you’re not wasting away in a prison.

 Duncan: Your brother has turned against you. The king has branded you a traitor. Hundreds of your troops have been killed needlessly. Sorry to drag you into this.

 Wulfstan: Nah. It’s cool.

 Duncan: So, what up dawg?

 Wulfstan: The Winterwind (that’s my clan) is loyal. The Deepflame priests are loyal to Hangvul (he’s the guy who looks like Santa). Then there’s the Grimsteel… as well as a bunch of other clan names I’ll casually mention but will be in no way relevant to the rest of the game or the expanded universe.

 Duncan: Oh, Freyda. I miss your enormous… uh… strategies.

 Wulfstan: Be sure to invite me to your “stag” party. Get it? Because you’re part of the Stag Duchy. Ho ho!

 Random Dwarf: *rolls eyes*

 Duncan: Anyway, Tor Hrall is up ahead. Go kick some red army ass. I’m going to go visit stat modifiers and experience chests to prepare for the final chapter. I think there’s a Dragon Utopia somewhere too that you missed earlier.

 Wulfstan: Alright, lads! We make for Tor Hrall.

 Wulfstan: Oh. We’re here already.

 Rutger: Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled about their shores… burning with the fires of Orc.

 Wulfstan: I thought you were one of the rebels under Duncan? I guess the red army drafted you because you like to wear red, eh?

 Rutger: Quite an experience to live in fear, isn’t it? That’s what it is to be a slave.

 Wulfstan: Okay, you asked for it!

 Rutger: I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.